Signs of Roof Damage
Make an informed decision about your home
Is your roof in trouble? Do you see…
- Shingles shrinking back to the edge of the deck, preventing water from dropping into the eaves trough.
- Curling, buckling, cracking or missing shingles.
- Flashing pulled away from chimney or brick walls
- Missing or cracked caulking.
- Mold on sheathing surface in the attic, or on drywall.
- Evidence of ice dams: long icicles hanging from the eaves or snow melting near the top and running down to still-frozen areas;
water leaks inside the home in or near the outside walls.
Did you know?
- Inadequate roof ventilation can cause premature deterioration of shingles in the summer and damage by ice dams in the winter.
- Damaged shingles makes your home more vulnerable to driving rain.
- Eaves troughs that do not drain properly in winter can cause roof damage and leaks when water re-freezes.
- Poorly sealed attic openings around pipes, wiring, fans, etc. can cause heat to escape, which leads to snow melting and ice dams.
Adequate, balanced ventilation ensures long roof life. Heat will not build up under the roof.
VK Roofing has built a solid reputation for excellent work on roofs throughout Georgetown, Milton, Brampton, Caledon, Bolton and Mississauga.
Contact owner Anthony Van Kooten for a FREE No obligation quote.