Georgetown Insulation Installer
Protect your home in Georgetown with attic insulation that meets the new Building Code.
If your home was built before 2017 and the insulation has not been upgraded since then, then your attic insulation is not protecting your home to the current standard of R60. Attic insulation is an important part of a healthy roof system. Your Georgetown home can benefit from improved attic insulation:
- decrease your heating and cooling costs by as much as 20%!
- increase the life of the roof, especially the deck & shingles
- prevent mold in attic spaces, improving the health of your home
- improve airflow throughout your home
Signs Your Home Requires Insulation Replacement
When your attic insulation is functioning as it should, it will keep your home warm in the winter and cool in the summer. However, many homes in Georgetown are not adequately insulated or have had insulation disrupted over the years. The following are some signs that indicate you might need an upgrade:
- Increased utility bills: inadequate insulation will not control airflow as it should which will force HVAC equipment to work harder and consume more energy.
- Fluctuating temperature: Varying temperatures throughout the home can be an indicator that attic insulation has decreased.
- Drafty Home: unusual air movement throughout the home can be a sign that air is not sealed within the attic space.
- Icicles and Ice Damming: when attic insulation fails to keep the heat contained in the wintertime, it will escape and heat the snow on the roof. This snow will turn to water and then refreeze on your gutters forming icicles or, more concerning, ice dams. These ice dams force any future melt water up under the shingles.
Mould Growth/Moisture Issues: Mould in your attic can be a sign that cooler and warmer air is mixing creating moisture. If attic insulation is installed correctly, along with proper ventilation, cold and warm air should not mix and moisture will not build up.
VK Roofing is your Georgetown attic insulation installer.
We are proud to be a certified Owens Corning insulation installer for Georgetown, Halton and Mississauga. We use AttiCat, Canada’s #1 inslulation brand.
Care of your Georgetown home is our first priority. We will treat it like our own home.
Our attic insulation installation process is as meticulous and careful as our roofing installation process. We pride ourselves on conscientious work, from initial preparation to clean up:
- Drop sheets are put down in any area where our workers will be present.
- Attic space is prepared by replacing any old or ineffective baffles with new baffles where they are needed.
- A weather strip seal is added to the attic hatch so there are no gaps to let cold winter air in.
- Sheet Insulation is attached to the attic hatch to improve heat loss.
- Gauges (rulers) are installed to ensure an even R-value is blown into the entire attic space.
- Only after proper preparation do we blow AttiCat insulation into the attic space to bring the R-value up to R60, required by the Ontario Building Code (2017).
- We remove all our garbage and all debris is vacuumed from your home.
- A final inspection ensures that everything has been cleaned and put back where it was before the crew arrived.
We know you have choices when it comes to insulating your attic in Georgetown, but give VK Roofing a try!