Your Professional Attic Insulation Contractor in Georgetown – VK Roofing
You can make your home more energy efficient with proper attic insulation. There’s more to a roof than simply keeping the moisture out. Attic insulation plays a key role in a healthy roof system. It can:
- decrease heating and cooling costs (up to 20%)
- prevent mould growth in attic spaces
- increase the longevity of roof deck & shingles
- improve airflow throughout the home
In 2017, the Ontario Building Code updated the minimum home insulation values to R60. If your house is older than 2017 and you have not upgraded your attic insulation since then, then your home is not properly insulated.
VK Roofing is proud to be a certified Owens Corning insulation installer and uses AttiCat, Canada’s #1 brand. Homeowners in Georgetown, Halton and Mississauga can trust us for professional, expert insulation installation.
Our attic insulation installation process is as meticulous and conscientious as our roofing installation process:
- Conscientious work from prep to clean up
- Your home is our first concern.
- Drop sheets are placed in any area where workers will be present.
- Attic spaced is prepped by removing any old or ineffective baffles and installing new ones where necessary.
- A weather strip is added to the attic hatch to ensure there are no gaps for air loss.
- Styrofoam Sheet Insulation is adhered to the attic hatch to prevent air loss.
- Rulers are installed in order to ensure an even R-value is blown into the space.
- Insulation is blown into the attic space to bring the R-value up to R60, as required by the Ontario Building Code
- Any garbage is removed and all debris is vacuumed from the home.
- A final inspection ensures that everything has been cleaned and put back where it was before the crew arrived.
Did you know?
Your attic insulation upgrade can be completed in conjunction with your roof installation! This is the perfect time as the attic is accessible via the roof deck – eliminating the need for equipment and installers entering your home. Please contact us for your free no-obligation quote.
Signs You Need Attic Insulation Services:
The attic is often a neglected extension of a home. There are various signs that can be indications that you need to insulate your attic more efficiently. Do you notice…
- Inconsistent temperature throughout the house
- Abnormally high utility bills
- Roof looking worn due to leaks
- Ice buildup/icicles/ice damming issues on the roof during the winter
- Presence of pests and rodents in your ceiling or roof
- Water/moisture markings on your ceilings
- Build-up of moisture on windows during cold temperatures
These signs of insufficient attic insulation are important not to ignore as they can lead to long-term damage such as mould build-up, premature deterioration of shingles and can leave your home at risk of major water damage during the winter months.