Attic Insulation – Brampton installer
Brampton’s attic insulation professionals
Attic insulation is an important part of a safe and healthy roof system for your home. The Ontario Building Code standard for attic insulation was revised in 2017. If your Brampton home was built before then and you have not upgraded your attic insulation, your home does not meet the current R-value standard of R60.Your Brampton home needs attic insulation that meets the current Building Code standard of R60.
Signs Your Brampton Home Requires Insulation Replacement
When your attic insulation meets the current standard and has been installed correctly, it will keep your home warm in the winter and cool in the summer. However, many homes in Brampton are not adequately insulated or have had insulation disrupted over the years. These are some signs that indicate you might need an insulation upgrade:
- Higher utility bills: Inadequate insulation will not control airflow. This will force your furnace and air conditioning equipment to work harder and consume more energy.
- Varying temperatures: Fluctuating temperatures in your home can be an indicator that attic insulation has decreased.
- Drafty Home: Unusual air movement (drafts) throughout your home can be a sign that air is not sealed within the attic space.
- Icicles and Ice Damming: When attic insulation does not keep the heat from your home contained during the wintertime, it will escape and melt the snow on the roof. This melt water runs down and then refreeze on your gutters forming icicles or, more concerning, ice dams. Those ice dams will then force additional water up under the shingles where it can leak into your home.
- Mould Growth/Moisture Issues: Mould in your attic can be a sign that cooler and warmer air is mixing creating moisture. If attic insulation is installed correctly, along with proper ventilation, cold and warm air should not mix and moisture will not build up.
After you upgrade the insulation in your Brampton attic you will:
- enjoy a savings of up to 20% on heating and cooling costs
- increase the life of the roof deck & shingles
- prevent mould in the attic and improve the health of your home
- improve airflow in your home, for your comfort
VK Roofing is a trusted, experienced Brampton attic insulation installer.
Our attic insulation installation process is done very carefully. We pay attention to every detail.
We are proud to be a certified Owens Corning insulation installer, serving Brampton, Mississauga, Georgetown, Halton, Bolton, and Caledon. We use AttiCat, Canada’s #1 insulation brand.
We pride ourselves on being conscientious about all of our attic insulation installations. Care for your Brampton home has a very high priority for us. We treat your home like our own home.
- From initial preparation to final clean up, we pay careful attention to detail.
- Our workers use drop sheets in any area where we will be working.
- We ensure all recessed lighting fixtures are protected from the back with special fire rated covers.
- We prepare the attic space by removing any old, damaged or ineffective baffles, and install new ones where necessary.
- Our installers add weather strip seals and Styrofoam sheet insulation to the attic hatch so there are no gaps. This improves heat loss and keeps cold air out.
- Depth rulers ensure sure we apply an even depth of insulation in the attic space. This guarantees consistent insulation coverage throughout the attic.
- We use blown-in insulation for your Brampton home’s attic, which will bring it up to Ontario Building Code’s current standard of R60
- We remove all garbage and we carefully vacuum any of our debris from your home.
- With a final inspection, we make sure that the work space was properly cleaned and everything is back where it belongs.
We know you have choices when it come to insulating your attic in Brampton. Give VK Roofing a try. Contact owner Anthony Van Kooten for a FREE No obligation quote in Brampton for attic insulation.