There’s more to a roof than simply keeping the moisture out. You can make your home more energy efficient with proper insulation. Attic insulation plays a key role in a healthy roof system. It can:
- decrease heating and cooling costs (up to 20%)
- prevent mould growth in attic spaces
- increase the longevity of roof deck & shingles
- improve airflow throughout the home
In 2017, the Ontario Building Code updated the minimum home insulation values to R60. If your house is older than 2017 and you have not upgraded your attic insulation since then, then your home is not properly insulated.
VK Roofing is proud to be a certified Owens Corning insulation installer and uses AttiCat, Canada’s #1 brand. Homeowners in Georgetown, Halton and Mississauga can trust us for professional, expert insulation installation.
Our attic insulation installation process is as meticulous and conscientious as our roofing installation process:
- Conscientious work from prep to clean up
- Your home is our first concern.
- Drop sheets are placed in any area where workers will be present.
- Attic spaced is prepped by removing any old or ineffective baffles and installing new ones where necessary.
- All pot light backings (or any other recessed lighting) are protected with special fire rated covers.
- A weather strip is added to the attic hatch to ensure there are no gaps for air loss.
- Styrofoam Sheet Insulation is adhered to the attic hatch to prevent air loss.
- Rulers are installed in order to ensure an even R-value is blown into the space.
- Insulation is blown into the attic space to bring the R-value up to R60, as required by the Ontario Building Code
- Any garbage is removed and all debris is vacuumed from the home.
- A final inspection ensures that everything has been cleaned and put back where it was before the crew arrived.
Contact owner Anthony Van Kooten for a FREE No obligation quote on insulation.
Qualify for government rebates up to $1,500 for attic insulation with VK Roofing
VK Roofing is a qualified insulation contractor in the Green Energy Fund (GreenON) rebate program for Insulation and Air Sealing. Learn more at greenon.ca